Monday, November 14, 2016

Kale Cucumber Apple Juice | Simple Recipes

kale cucumber apple juiceThis Kale Cucumber Apple Juice recipe is very delicious. The cucumber cuts the strong flavor of the kale and the apple sweetens it just a little.


I was pleasantly surprised when I made this recipe this morning.


Kale is a superfood. I can’t say enough about it. I never liked kale before I started juicing so this is a big plus for me.


Cucumber is a good source of B vitamins and rehydrates the body. I hear cucumber is good for hangovers. If that’s the case this should be an excellent hangover cure.




Kale Cucumber Apple Juice – My Simple Recipes


Makes 20 ounces


  • 3 kale leaves

  • 1 large cucumber (I peel mine, unless organic)

  • 1 apple (red delicious)

kale cucumber apple juice


Selecting Kale for Juicing


  • To enjoy the health benefits of kale you should look for kale with firm, deeply colored leaves and moist and firm stems.

  • When you shop for kale it should be displayed in a refrigerated environment because warm temperatures will cause it to wilt. This will negatively affect its flavor.

  • Never pick leaves that look wilted for your juicing recipes. The kale leaves should not show any signs of browning nor have small holes.

  • The kale with smaller-sized leaves usually is more tender and have slightly better flavor than those with larger leaves.

  • To store, place kale in a plastic storage bag removing as much of the air from the bag as possible.

  • You can store it in the refrigerator for for up to 5 days.

  • When you are juicing kale leaves you should however note that the longer the leaves are stored, the more bitter it will taste when you juice it.

  • Always shop for kale that has been grown organically.

  • Rinse kale leaves under cold running water. – Juicing Benefits Toolbox


Thank you again for reading and please let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below.


P.S. Please remember to subscribe to my blog. No Spam!


Resources:


Juicing Benefits Toolbox – The Health Benefits of Kale Will Suprise You


 



Kale Cucumber Apple Juice | Simple Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment