Tips for Juicing
Here are 5 quick tips for juicing:
1. Add some fruit to your greens to sweeten it up a bit and smooth out the taste. Personally I love apple. It doesn’t matter to me if it’s a granny smith apple or a red delicious apple, I love apples. I think apples work the best, but you could use a pear too. It makes the juice more enjoyable and boosts the vitamin and mineral content of green juice. When you start green juicing, you might need to do this just to make it palatable. I didn’t like green juice at first, but now I love it!
2. Use the freshest produce and use organic if possible. I know not everyone has access to organic produce, but it really is better for you. Organic produce will be pesticide and chemically free. Using the freshest will make a difference also. The fresher the produce the healthier and tastier your drinks will be. If you have access to a farmers market, use it. You won’t be sorry!
3. Leave the skins on when you juice. That’s where a lot of the nutritional value is. I peel my citrus fruits like oranges, but I leave the pith on. I use a peeler to do it quickly. Apples, carrots, grapes and the like I don’t peel at all. Cucumbers, it just depends if their waxy or not. Do it the way that suits YOU. Have fun, experiment and enjoy it.
4. Use a variety of ingredients. It’s best not to juice just fruits, because of the sugar content. If you’re diabetic, please consult your physician before juicing fruits. Work toward drinking as much green juice as you can. The greens are nutritionally the best for you. The fruits are especially good for an energy boost and cleanses. Just be careful about how much of them you juice and drink at one time.
5. Wash, scrub and rinse your fruits and vegetables. Not just because of chemicals and pesticide, but because it’s been handled by others. Buy a vegetable brush from my Amazon Associate Store. It’ll make you feel good
I hope these tips for juicing help you and remember have fun juicing!