Thursday, January 14, 2016

Simply Green Juice | Reboot With Joe Recipe

I was looking online and found this simple recipe on the Reboot with Joe website. It’s called Simply Green Juice.


This is from Stacys Juicebar in Boston and one of her most popular juices.


I made this one morning and found it delicious. The green apple really adds to this juice, making it sweet and a little tangy. To be honest I only used one granny smith apple and the recipe calls for 1 1/2 apple. I don’t core the apples either  😕


“This juice is perfect for breakfast, a quick pick me up any time of day or that afternoon lull for an energy boost. The nutrients in cucumber, kale and spinach include antioxidants for vibrant skin and a healthy immune system. The green apple adds a touch of sweetness and soluble fiber to help digestion and keep cholesterol in check. – Stacys Juicebar”


Simply Green Juice




Simply Green JuiceMakes 16 ounces. Ingredients:
1 ½ green apples
1 cucumber
2 stalks kale
2 large handfuls of spinach
Directions:
1.) Wash all ingredients well

2.) Core apple

3.) Add all ingredients through juicer, juice & enjoy!

Kale is quickly becoming my favorite leafy green to juice. It’s hard for me to find organic kale in Pierre, SD and I’m hoping that I can grow it this year in my garden.


UPDATE: My crop of kale has been excellent! I’ve grown Red Russian kale in my garden since early June of this year and have had some of the best green juices to date. It’s so easy to pick and few leaves, wash them and then juice. Wow! What a blast!



From the Burpee website: This delicious grey-green kale is pretty enough to plant among the flowers. Much larger than regular kale (2 to 3′ tall), the stems are purplish and the leaves are shaped like big oak leaves and colored a velvety gray green. The purple colors become richer after frost, when the flavor becomes sweeter. Surprisingly, the big leaves are very tender and delicious. Garden Hints: Kale requires good cultivation; mulch or hoe frequently to keep soil loose and weed-free. Plants may be left outdoors all winter. Frost improves flavor.



Kale is so easy to wash and juice. My Omega J8004 Masticating Juicer gets the most out of it too! ( I still love my spinach though 😉 )


Simply Green Juice uses two kale stalks. Kale is high in iron, high in vitamin K and filled with antioxidants. You can’t go wrong with this recipe!


Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog. Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share? Please do so by commenting below. Best wishes to you and your family. Happy Juicing!


Sources for this article include:


Reboot With Joe: Simply Green Juice from Stacys Juicebar


Burpee: Red Russian Kale



Simply Green Juice | Reboot With Joe Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment