Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Sweet Pear Sensation | Pear, Apple, Celery, Lemon and Ginger Juice

Wow! Here’s  a great recipe for you. The Sweet Pear Sensation  comes from The Healthy Juicer’s Bible written by Farnoosh Brock.


I love pear in my juices and this one incorporates pear nicely with apple, lemon, celery and ginger. There’s just a hint of celery flavor and ginger in this one. I use very small amounts of ginger in my recipes because I think the Omega J8004 really squeezes out the ginger remarkably well. Too much ginger can ruin a juice for me.


I hope you enjoy this very delightful juice. Try some sparkling water with this, you might be surprised.


Sweet Pear SensationSweet Pear Sensation


Makes 20 ounces


  • 2 small pears, any kind

  • 1 medium sweet apple ( I used Red Delicious)

  • 2-4 celery stalks ( I used 3)

  • 1/2 lemon ( I peel mine)

  • A small chunk of ginger

 


Update: The Health Benefits of Pears


  1. Blood pressure: Pears have anti-oxidant and anti-carcinogen glutathione which help prevent high blood pressure and stroke.

  2. Cancer prevention: The high vitamin C and copper content act as good anti-oxidants that protect cells from damages by free radicals.

  3. Cholesterol: The high content of pectin in pears make it very useful in helping to lower cholesterol levels.

    Colon health: When not juicing, eat the pear whole for its precious fiber that are highly beneficial for your colon health.

  4. Constipation: The pectin in pears is diuretic and have a mild laxative effect. Drinking pear juice regularly helps regulate bowel movements.

  5. Energy: You can get quick and natural source of energy from pear juice, due largely to its high amounts of fructose and glucose.

  6. Fever: The cooling effect in pear is excellent in relieving fever. Best way to bring a fever down quickly is by drinking a big glass of pear juice.

Thank you again for reading and please let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below. I try to keep the recipes simple.


Resources:


The Healthy Juicer’s Bible


The Health Benefits of Pear


P.S. Please remember to subscribe to my blog. You’ll only receive e-mail when I post a new article and nothing else. No Spam!



Sweet Pear Sensation | Pear, Apple, Celery, Lemon and Ginger Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment