Saturday, November 10, 2012

5 Quick Tips for Juicing Fruits And Vegetables


Here are some juicing tips:


1. Add some fruit to your greens to sweeten it up a bit and smooth out the taste. Personally, I use just a half of an apple sometimes. It makes the juice more refreshing and boosts the vitamin and mineral content of my green juice.

2. Use the freshest produce and use organic if possible. I know not everyone has access to organic produce, but it really is better for you. Organic produce will be pesticide and chemically free. Using the freshest will make a difference also. The fresher the produce the healthier and tastier your drinks will be. If you have access to a farmers market, use it. You won't be sorry!

3. Leave the skins on when you juice. That's where a lot of the nutritional value is. I don't leave the entire rind on my oranges. I use a peeler to do it quickly, but leave a little rind on for the benefit. Apples, carrots and the like I don't peel at all. Cucumbers, it just depends. Do it the way that suits YOU. Have fun and enjoy it. When juicing lemons I'll also leave a little rind on. My girlfriend likes me to remove the green leaves off of strawberries because it changes the taste. I can' really tell though.

4. Use a variety of ingredients. It's best not to juice just fruits, because that could end up being a lot of sugar and if you're diabetic, please consult your physician before juicing fruits. Work toward drinking as much green juice as you can. The greens are nutritionally the best for you. The fruits and root vegetables are especially good for a good energy boost. Just be careful about how much of them you juice.

5. Always, ALWAYS wash and scrub your fruits and vegetables. Not just because of chemicals and pesticide, but because it's been handled by others. Buy a vegetable brush from my aStore. It'll make you feel good :-)

I hope this helps and remember have fun juicing!




1 comment:

  1. Yes, I add a little apple sometimes to my green juice to make it a little more palatable. Thanks for the tips. Wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete