Saturday, November 19, 2016

Cantaloupe, Carrot, Nectarine Fruit Juice Recipe

My cantaloupe, carrot, nectarine fruit juice recipe originally came from the Beta Blast recipe in The Juicing Bible on page 164. The Beta Blast calls for apricots, but I couldn’t find fresh apricots anywhere. So, I made due with what  I had available and chose to substitute nectarine’s. It turned out great and if you like cantaloupe, you’re going to love this Cantaloupe, Carrot, Nectarine juice recipe.


As you’re juicing be sure to alternate between the soft fruits and the carrot. The carrot is hard and will help push the cantaloupe and nectarine through your juicer. I use an Omega J8004 Nutrition Center.


Cantaloupe, Carrot, Nectarine


Cantaloupe, Carrot, Nectarine Fruit Juice – Beta Blast


I was curious why it is called the Beta Blast in the book, so I looked up some info on the ingredients and here’s what I found:


Researchers have recently measured the carotenoid contents of six different California-grown cantaloupe hybrids and discovered that their beta-carotene content can reach levels as high as 3,138 micrograms (per 100 grams of fresh weight). That’s about 30 times higher than the beta-carotene content of fresh oranges. – WHFoods


Now that level of beta-carotene doesn’t match up to the amount in carrots, but our recipe also has carrots! What about my substitute, the nectarine?


Juicy nectarines have delicious flavor and sweet cream-yellow or white flesh. Fruits and vegetables with a bright red, orange and yellow color often have a high amount of beta carotene. Did you know that? It’s the truth.


So there you go. All of the ingredients in this wonderful recipe have a good amount of beta carotene and if you’re lucky enough to find apricots, then you’ll have the exact “Beta Blast” recipe as in The Juicing Bible.


This is a delicious and healthy fruit juice recipe. I love the flavor, color and texture. Try this, you won’t be sorry!


Cantaloupe, Carrot, Nectarine


Serves 2 people


  • 6 carrots

  • 4 fresh nectarines, pitted ( the Beta Blast recipe called for apricots)

  • 1/2 small cantaloupe ( I decided to peel mine, but left in the seeds)

cantaloupe, carrot and nectarine


 


If you have a juice recipe you’d like to share with me, please contact me. I’ll be sure to give credit where credit is due. As always, thanks for reading and happy juicing!


P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog. No Spam! –


Sources for this article include:


WHFoods: Cantaloupe


The Juicing Bible


(This article has been updated to include more information. Thank you for reading.)



Cantaloupe, Carrot, Nectarine Fruit Juice Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment