Thursday, November 17, 2016

Water Cooler | Watermelon and Grapefruit Juice Recipe

Man do I love grapefruit in my juices like the Water Cooler juice recipe, but I just don’t like peeling them. The best way I’ve found to peel grapefruit is to use my hand peeler. It’s like this one – OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler.


This beautiful, sweet, but tart juice recipe comes from one of my favorite books, The Big Book of Juices. I made this one in the mornings for Virginia and she used to say, “Ewwweee! You’re juicing the rind on the watermelon?” And of course I said, “Yes, I’ve always done it that way, because the rind helps to push the watermelon through the juicer.” Maybe this juice would be better without the rind for you. I think it’s a matter of personal preference, so try it without the rind if you’re thinking, Ewwweee!


water coolerWater Cooler


The trick to this one is getting the thick slice of watermelon right. Personally I like this one a little more tart, so I use a smaller slice and I juice the rind. Try it and taste as you go along to get it right for yourself. It’s a real energy booster and 4 out of 5 stars for immunity in the book,  The Big Book of Juices.


Makes approximately 32 ounces (depending on how big your watermelon slice is)


  • 2 grapefruits

  • 1 thick slice of watermelon

Watermelon health benefits: Watermelons are mostly water — about 92 percent — but this refreshing fruit is soaked with nutrients. Each juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. There’s even a modest amount of potassium. – Livescience.com


Thank you again for reading and please let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below. I try to keep the recipes simple.


Note: If you’re taking medication consult your health care professional. It’s been known for some time that grapefruit juice can interact badly with some medications.


Resources:


The Big Book of Juices


Watermelon: Health Benefits, Risks & Nutrition Facts – Livescience.com


P.S. Please remember to subscribe to my blog. You’ll only receive e-mail when I post a new article and nothing else. No Spam!



Water Cooler | Watermelon and Grapefruit Juice Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment