Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Spinach Carrot Apple Juice | Simple Recipes

As I’m writing this, I’m headed to the kitchen to make this recipe, spinach carrot apple juice. Spinach is becoming my favorite green vegetable. Great to juice and great to eat in salads or cooked.


I have some spinach leftover that I’m afraid is going to go bad, some carrots that are in the same condition and a big red delicious apple. So I’m juicing what’s available and later today I’m going shopping for some more fresh produce.


Spinach is a pretty good source of vitamin C and in a study I read about, spinach showed evidence of significant protection against the occurrence of aggressive prostate cancer. Good stuff, eh?


spinach carrot apple juiceCarrots have some good benefits too. Carrots are good for your vision and skin. Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A. More good stuff for the body!


As far as apples go, did you ever hear the old saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”? Apples are one of my favorite fruits and go well into just about any juicing recipe to add a little sweetness.


This is off the topic of juicing a little. Have you ever tried stewed apples? Occasionally I have a stewed apple in the morning, because in studying Ayurvedic medicine a while back I learned stewed apples stimulate regular bowel movements. There are other benefits too. What a way to start the day! Believe me stewed apples really work. Try it three days in a row and see how you like it.  Here’s a link to a simple recipe and directions.


Spinach Carrot Apple Juice


Makes 20 ounces – Best served over ice or chilled.


  • 2 lbs of carrots

  • 10 ounces of spinach

  • 1 large red delicious apple


spinach carrot apple juice


Thank you again for reading and please let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below.


P.S. Please remember to subscribe to my blog. No Spam!




Spinach Carrot Apple Juice | Simple Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment