Monday, March 14, 2016

Cantaloupe and Pineapple | Simple Recipes

Cantaloupe and Pineapple??? I didn’t think cantaloupe and pineapple would go together well, but I discovered this sweet surprise one morning while juicing leftovers. Cantaloupe and pineapple do go together well! It’s delicious and refreshing especially served over ice.


We have been getting some good cantaloupe and pineapple here in South Dakota lately and I’m finding it easy to juice them. Lately I’ve just been peeling the outer skin (netting) off cantaloupe with my OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler. This seems to work very well and with some of the greenish skin still on the cantaloupe it goes through my Omega J8004 Juicer really nice. It doesn’t over power the juice either.


With the pineapple, lately I’ve just been washing them and juicing with the skin. This adds some bulk and helps it go through the juicer. If I push pineapple through the juicer too fast it clogs it up. However, with this recipe I had about 1/2 of fresh pineapple cut into pieces and I juiced it that way. No skin! Alternating between the cantaloupe and pineapple worked good. The pineapple didn’t get backed up into the juicing chamber.


Cantaloupe and Pineapple




Makes 10 ounces – Very good served over ice.
  • 1/2 cantaloupe (outer skin peeled)

  • 1/2 cup fresh pineapple

Alternate pushing cantaloupe and pineapple slowly through the juicer to avoid clogging.

 


Benefits of Cantaloupe and Pineapple


Cantaloupes are packed with beta-carotene, vitamins A, B6, B1, B3,  and C.


Bromelain in Pineapple is a natural antioxidant and an effective anti-inflammatory. Pineapple is also full of vitamin C.


Combine these together and you have a fabulous nutritional juice.


Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog. Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share? Please do so by commenting below. Best wishes to you and your family. Happy Juicing!


Sources for this article include:


Juice Recipe Builder



Cantaloupe and Pineapple | Simple Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment