Friday, December 25, 2015

Juice Fast – 48 Hour Juice Cleanse Afternoon/Evening Day 2

I really like this new book. I think one the most interesting things I’ve found in this book, Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing, is that during a juice fast Cherie Calbom presents a few unusual ideas. Not really unusual in my mind, but probably to a lot of those hard core juicers out there.


1. Cherie says, it’s okay to dilute any or all of these juices. I’ve always said that I think it’s a good idea to dilute fruit juice. I don’t do it all of the time, it just depends on how I feel. Sometimes I even dilute my vegetable juice if it’s thick or too strong.


2. Cherie also says vegetable broths can be drunk as well in the juice fast. She uses fresh vegetables and simmers them in hot water, removing the vegetables later and adding some seasoning. Great idea!


3. If you’re just too hungry and feel that it can’t go on any longer, Cherie says, don’t hesitate to modify the fast by adding fresh raw vegetables. Another wonderful idea.


It makes sense to me that if you don’t think you can stand it any longer (maybe you’ve gone 12 hours) to eat a few fresh vegetables to get you by instead of breaking the fast. This isn’t a competition and the more of these juice fasts you complete the easier it gets.


4. Another thing that I agree with her on is the duration of a juice fast. If you’re going it alone, don’t go for more than 5 days. It’s just good sense in my mind. Why overdo it by trying to go 30 days? Like I said, this isn’t a competition and if you’re in it to lose weight, there’s a better way than juice fasting for 30 days. Try this book for one!


We’re talking about a lifetime here. Changing old habits and juicing for life!


juice cleanse recipes juicingforlife

BUY HERE


Buy her book, read it and see how much sense it makes. You won’t be sorry!


Juice Fast – Lunch Day 2


 Noon- Spicy Cantaloupe Shake – 1/4 inch slice ginger root, 1/2 cantaloupe. Makes 12 ounces. Push ginger through juicer with cantaloupe. You can juice the cantaloupe with or without the rind. the rind is very nutritional. When juicing cantaloupe with the rind, thinly cut the very outer netted skin off. It should be orange, but with a slightly green tint. Delicious! This one is spicy too  😆


juice fast - spicy cantaloupe


Mid Afternoon – Ginger Ale – 1 lemon wedge, 1/4 inch slice ginger root, 1 medium bunch green grapes, Sparkling water. Juice lemon. Push ginger through juicer with grapes. Pour juice into ice filled glass. Fill glass to top with sparkling water. Makes 16 ounces.


juice fast - ginger ale


Juice Fast – Dinner


5:00 PM – My own recipe. My Emerald- A beautiful emerald drink with 1 small bunch parsley, 1 large cucumber peeled, 2 celery stalks, 1 bunch kale, 1/4 wedge lemon and 1 granny smith apple. 


juice fast - my emerald


 


Later on I’ll have some more chamomile tea. Don’t forget, drink plenty of purified water when fasting. It’s great to stay hydrated and flush those bad toxins out.


This has been an exciting juice fast, 48 hour cleanse for me. I’ve learned more by reading the book Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing and I plan on using it’s suggestions for diet. The authors of this book, Cherie Calbom and Maureen Keane really know their stuff. Pick up a copy on Amazon, you’ll be glad you did.


Words of caution: Diabetics should seek a doctors approval before trying a juice fast. You can fast from 1 to 5 days anytime you like, but if you fast for longer than 5 days, I recommend you seek a heath care professionals supervision.


Watch for my next article on the 48 hour juice cleanse results.


Thanks for visiting Prime Juicers and remember, “There’s no-thing better for your body than fresh fruit and vegetable juice!”


Sources for this article include:


Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing



Juice Fast – 48 Hour Juice Cleanse Afternoon/Evening Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment