Saturday, December 19, 2015

Emerald Deluxe | Spinach,Celery,Cucumber Juice Recipe

The Emerald Deluxe also comes from  The Healthy Juicer’s Bible written by Farnoosh Brock. This is another recipe I made before going on vacation, hoping to get the post done before taking off, but to no avail. It has a wonderful, deep, green (emerald) color. I love  dark, emerald-green juices.When I drink them I can just feel the good, powerful nutrients entering my blood stream. Sounds crazy huh? Just try this recipe and use your imagination.


Emerald DeluxeA full flavored drink: The Emerald Deluxe


I can just taste the ginger and cucumber. Absolutely a beautiful color and you can certainly tell how it got its name.


I use my Omega J8004 juicer and get plenty of fantastic, healthy juice from this recipe.


 


Makes 24 ounces


  • 2-3 cups of baby or regular spinach

  • 3-4 stalks of celery

  • 3-4 small Persian cucumbers (I used what was available)

  • 1 cup green or red grapes

  • 1 large Granny Smith apple

  • a small piece of ginger (careful, very strong stuff)

Emerald Deluxe


UPDATE: Spinach and other green vegetables contain chlorophyll which has shown to be effective at blocking the carcinogenic effects of heterocyclic amines which are generated when grilling foods at a high temperature. Spinach is high in vitamin A, which is necessary for sebum production to keep hair moisturized. Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair. Spinach and other leafy greens high in vitamin C are imperative for the building and maintenance of collagen, which provides structure to skin and hair.


Thank you again for reading and please let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below. I try to keep the recipes simple.


Resources:


The Healthy Juicer’s Bible


Medical News Today


P.S. Please remember to subscribe to my blog. You’ll only receive e-mail when I post a new article and nothing else. No Spam!



Emerald Deluxe | Spinach,Celery,Cucumber Juice Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment