Sunday, November 22, 2015

Zen Dragonfly | Spinach, Lettuce, Pear, Apple, Strawberry Juice

The Zen Dragonfly comes from the book The Healthy Juicer’s Bible written by Farnoosh Brock. I highly recommend this wonderful juicing book. It has many delicious recipes.


Zen Dragonfly


Do you like strawberries in your juices? If so, that’s great, because The Zen Dragonfly consists of 8-10 strawberries. I was a little hesitant to add strawberries to this green juice, but it turned out very well.


I’m always a little cautious to put anything other than apple and/or pear into my green juices, but Farnoosh knows what she’s making here.


You can just taste the strawberries and it gives it a very good flavor. I also detected the delicious taste of the Granny Smith apple.


This drink also has a beautiful green color. You can’t go wrong here. Gorgeous, Tasty and Nutritious!


 Zen Dragonfly


Makes approximately 20 ounces


  • 2-3 cups baby or regular spinach

  • A small head of Romaine lettuce ( I used 5 or 6 big leaves)

  • 1 medium pear

  • 1 medium Granny Smith apple

  • 8-10 strawberries (sometimes mine aren’t the sweetest, but I got lucky this time)

Zen Dragonfly


Update: Buy organic strawberries or grow them yourself. Strawberries are known to be one of the most highly pesticide sprayed fruits. One report found 36 types of pesticides on strawberries. Out-of-season, imported strawberries are the most risky. But organic or homegrown strawberries are healthy. They are among the fruits and vegetables ranked highest in health-promoting antioxidants.


Thank you again for reading and please let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below. I try to keep the recipes simple.


Resources:


The Healthy Juicer’s Bible


DowntoEarth.org


P.S. Please remember to subscribe to my blog. You’ll only receive e-mail when I post a new article and nothing else. No Spam! I promise!



Zen Dragonfly | Spinach, Lettuce, Pear, Apple, Strawberry Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment