Monday, November 16, 2015

Quick and Dirty Flu Fighter | Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Apple and Ginger Fruit Juice

It doesn’t have to be the flu season to enjoy the Quick and Dirty Flu Fighter fresh fruit juice. This recipe comes from one of my favorite juicing books, The Healthy Juicer’s Bible by Farnoosh Brock. This is an excellent book for both the beginner and experienced juicer.


quick and dirty flu fighterThe Quick and Dirty Flu Fighter


This is a delicious morning fruit juice and as I made it, I just knew it would be a favorite of mine. I love oranges and grapefruit. I added a few ice cubes and sparkling water to mine. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.


Makes approximately 20 ounces


  • 2 small-medium oranges, peeled

  • 1 small grapefruit, peeled

  • 1/2 lemon (I peel mine)

  • 1 Yellow or Macintosh apple

  • a small piece of ginger ( I used a very small piece and the juice had just a hint of ginger, just the way I like it)

quick and dirty flu fighter


Update:


13 Health Benefits of Oranges:

1. Helps Prevent Cancer

2. Prevents Kidney Diseases

3. Reduces Risk of Liver Cancer

4. Lowers Cholesterol

5. Boosts Heart Health

6. Lowers Risk of Disease

7. Fights Against Viral Infections

8. Relieves Constipation

9. Helps Create Good Vision

10. Regulates High Blood Pressure

11. Protects Skin

12. Oranges Alkalize the Body

13. Provides Smart Carbs


Note: drink juice in moderate amounts. The high sugar content of fruit juices can cause tooth decay and the high acid content can wear away enamel if consumed in excess. Please remember, if you’re diabetic, have a serious medical condition or take medication please check with your healthcare professional. Oranges have a lot of sugar in the juice and grapefruit juice doesn’t mix with some medications. It only takes a phone call to check.


Thank you for reading Quick and Dirty Flu Fighter. Please let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below.


Resources:


The Healthy Juicer’s Bible


13 Health Benefits of Oranges | Care2 Healthy Living


 


P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog. You’ll only receive e-mail when I post a new article and nothing else. No Spam! I promise!



Quick and Dirty Flu Fighter | Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Apple and Ginger Fruit Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment