Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Juice Fast – 48 Hour Juice Cleanse Morning Day 2

On day two of my juice fast I woke up a little bit later than usual. It’s Sunday and I don’t have to work today. I prefer doing my juice fasts on days that I don’t work. It just makes things go smoother.


Immediately after waking I drink a tall glass of cool purified water. Just to get things going. Then I read and start to prepare for juicing my breakfast. This morning I think I’ll have my Energy Shake and a little Orange/Carrot Juice. See recipes below.


From the book Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing: “Bulking agents such as psyllium seed husks are used commonly as mucilaginous bulk laxatives. One or two teaspoons can be added to a glass of juice once or twice a day. This can be a very helpful aid to elimination during the juice fast (cleansing fast).”


Juice Fast – Breakfast Day 2


8:00 AM – Energy Shake – Handful parsley, 4-6 carrots, greens removed, parsley sprig for garnish. Bunch up parsley and push through juicer with carrots. Garnish with sprig of parsley. Makes approx. 8 ounces. – Orange/Carrot Juice – 2 oranges, 1 carrot, greens removed. Push oranges through juicer with carrot pieces alternating between the two. Makes approx. 10 ounces. 




juice fast - orange-carrotjuice fast - energy shake

Juice Fast – Mid Morning Snack


Just a little herbal tea as mentioned in Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing. I chose chamomile tea.


Words of caution: Diabetics should seek a doctors approval before trying a juice fast. You can fast from 1 to 5 days anytime you like, but if you fast for longer than 5 days, I recommend you seek a heath care professionals supervision.


Watch for my next article on Day 2, lunch and dinner.


Thanks for visiting Prime Juicers and remember, “There’s no-thing better for your body than fresh fruit and vegetable juice!”


Sources for this article include:


Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing


 



Juice Fast – 48 Hour Juice Cleanse Morning Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment