Sunday, November 15, 2015

How to Juice Wheatgrass

After I bought my Omega J8004 I couldn’t wait to juice wheatgrass. I only had it a week and even though it’s still freezing outdoors I started growing a tray inside. But what’s the best way to juice wheatgrass?


I’ve seen people juice wheatgrass by its’self and take shots, and I’ve also seen people juice wheatgrass with something sweet, like pineapple.


juice wheatgrassIf you’re familiar with wheatgrass juice then you know it’s strong. I’ve taken shots of it, but I really prefer to mix it with something sweet. Therefore, I suggest if you’re juicing wheatgrass for the first time try it with something sweet.


Juice Wheatgrass: Shots


I like to juice wheatgrass with lime and take it in a shot. It only takes three or four handfuls of wheatgrass with a quarter of a lime (washed, unpeeled) and that does just fine. I also like juicing wheatgrass with apple. One apple and again, only three or four handfuls of wheatgrass. Experiment! Find a simple recipe you like.


Wheatgrass is great for the body and I also really enjoy growing it. Refer back to my first post on wheatgrass, the ABC’s Of Juicing Wheatgrass: Benefits Of Wheatgrass and my second post How To Grow Wheatgrass For Juicing.


Please, if you’re doing it for the first time, take it slow and consume only a little (1 oz. or less) the first few times if you’re doing it in shots. Try it once a day for a few days. Wheatgrass has a strong cleansing effect and may make you nauseous if you drink too much. If you have a wheat or grass allergy or any health concerns, please consult a heath care professional first.


Juice Wheatgrass With The Omega J8004


Okay, this is how I juice wheatgrass with my Omega J8004 juicer. I  suggest you grow your own wheatgrass, but if that’s out of the question you could buy fresh wheatgrass in a store or a farmers market.


(On a side note, I’m experimenting as I write this with growing sprouts for juicing. I’ll update you later.)


If you grow your own wheatgrass indoors you shouldn’t need to rinse it, unless you see some fine mold at the roots. If you see some mold at the roots then definitely rinse it off before juicing.


Using my Omega J8804 juicer I put a small handful of wheatgrass down the chute. It self feeds, but sometimes needs a little help. Take it easy,  you don’t need to put too much in the juicer at once.


After the wheatgrass I juice something like a quarter lime. Lime and wheatgrass go together great. I’ll do it in a shot and juice enough for another shot or two during the day. I save my surplus wheatgrass juice in a mason jar, tightly sealed and kept in the refrigerator. I don’t keep it for longer than a day.


That’s all there is to it! It’s loaded with minerals, protein, amino acids and vitamins. I always get a boost in energy when taking wheatgrass.


Here’s a great video showing how it’s done with the Omega J8004. I like her recipe too.


Here are a couple of more recipes:


Diplomatic Immunity

3 carrots

1 stalk of celery

1/2 beet with the greens

1/2 handful of wheatgrass

1/2 handful of parsley

1 apple
The Great Grassy Punch (The Healthy Juicers Bible)

14 oz. of wheatgrass organically grown

1 granny smith apple

A small piece of ginger

Yields 2 shot glasses

.

.

 


As I said, when you juice wheatgrass it is strong, so start slow. I use just a few small handfuls (bunches) at a time. I’ll say this again too, if you drink too much at one time (straight shots) it could make you nauseous. Let your body get used to it. Try it in one of the above recipes or with a little lime or an apple. Do you need more wheatgrass recipes?


Thanks for reading and happy juicing!


Resource:


The Healthy Juicer’s Bible: Lose Weight, Detoxify, Fight Disease, and Live Long



How to Juice Wheatgrass

No comments:

Post a Comment