Saturday, February 21, 2015

Dr Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet Food Pyramid

I’m a big fan of Dr. Weil and have been for many years. I like his books, audiobooks, and especially his website which includes his anti-inflammatory diet. All of it is very interesting to me and very informative.  I respect his straight, no-nonsense talk about health. He always backs up what he says and my goal is to do the same. My articles are researched and my references are by respected authorities.


Anti-Inflammatory Diet


It is becoming increasingly clear that chronic inflammation is the root cause of many serious illnesses – including heart disease, many cancers, and Alzheimer’s disease. – Dr. Weil


General Diet Tips:


  • Aim for variety.

  • Include as much fresh food as possible.

  • Minimize your consumption of processed foods and fast food.

  • Eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables.

Here’s a pyramid from Dr. Weil. It’s just some good information to pass along and I hope you find it useful. The bottom line: Stop eating refined, processed and manufactured food. Eat more fish and more fresh fruits and vegetables.


And let me add, if you have trouble getting the recommended servings of fresh fruits and vegetables, Juice!


Anti-Inflammatory Diet Food Pyramid


Resources:


Dr Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Diet Food Pyramid


Dr. Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Diet


 


 




Dr Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet Food Pyramid

No comments:

Post a Comment