Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Benefits Of Juicing Beets

juicing beetsWell, you know that juicing helps people experiment and try vegetables that they normally wouldn’t eat right? It certainly did that for me. I never use to eat ginger on anything, but now I use it quite often in my juice recipes. It took a little getting use to though. The same goes for beetroot.


Beetroot was another one I didn’t care for until juicing came into my life. I love beets now, but I didn’t start liking them until I started juicing.  We had beets occasionally with dinner when I was growing up. It was one of those vegetables that I just didn’t like as a kid. Kind of like broccoli. I would rather sit and stare at them for 20 minutes before taking one bite. I usually got away with it too.


After I started juicing I tried a beet in a juice recipe and loved it. They’re sweet, red and delicious. They turn any green juice red and just about anything else they touch too.  So if beets aren’t your thing, try them in a juice. You might just be surprised at how good they really do taste raw. Beets are a tremendous source of instant energy too.


Juicing Beets


Not only are beets a great boost to your physical well-being and a wonderful source of iron, studies have shown beets to be an immunity booster and guard against cancer, especially colon cancer. When you are juicing beets they contain ZERO trans fat and ZERO saturated fat. They are also low-calorie! Juicing beets gives you a boost in energy because of their carbohydrates, but unlike processed foods which are high in carbohydrates, beets will energize your body. Juicing beets can be regarded as body fuel.


brevilleje98xl Buy It Here


Beets are famous for their ability to cleanse the blood and strengthen the gall bladder and liver. Beet juice is very concentrated, so a little goes a long way. Beet juice is sweet and delicious. Do you get a boost in energy drinking beet juice?


Here’s a good recipe for you to try:


Beetastic Punch


1 small Granny Smith apple (4–6 ounces), cored and cut into chunks


1/2 large cucumber


1/2 medium beet


2 medium carrots


1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger


Process all ingredients in your juicer.


Makes one 16-ounce glass.


Note to self: Beets turn everything inside your body pink. Don’t be freaked out when everything comes out pink. It just means the beets are working!


What’s your favorite recipe with beets?


Resources:


Yahoo Voices: 15 Health Benefits Of Beets


Macrobiotics – Health Benefits Of Juicing


Simply Health | Juicing 101: The Basic Cleanse


Here are some more resources I use:

No comments:

Post a Comment